Tuesday, 13 March 2012

GAGA-licious 2 !

Tumblr?


I was inspired by Lady Gaga and her mother Cynthia Germanotta's launch of their "Born this Way Foundation", hoping to empower the youth of America.

When I was a child, I dreaded going to school or playing outside my house. I dreaded the feeling of being exposed to bullying. There are many things that a child should do that I didn't, and I missed out because of bullying. I remember wishing very strongly to be old, very old. I was careful to not let anyone know about how I felt… I was looking for kindness not pity.

My drawings have kept me sane.  As a child, I used to hide my drawings because they were seen as too feminine. I drew my fantasies and my hopes, and today I'm being paid for that.  Illustration is my work.  I was lucky that I always had a voice inside me telling me good things, giving me hope, treating me nicely.  I'm very conscious that I am not being bullied anymore.  If I am, I will deal with it in a different fashion. I feel in a way stronger and that makes me incredibly happy.


As Lady Gaga said at the launch  of the "Born this Way Foundation" : "This, again, is not focused on bullying, the bravery aspect; I want for young people to know they have the power," she said. "How can we inspire young people to know they have the power to be brave?" 






Please visit Born this way Foundation
Follow me on TwitterFacebook and Tumblr for updates

7 comments:

maru said...

wooow!

niekangel said...

I just found your illustrations for the first time.. I love them.. And you've got a new fan.. ;)
xx niek

BETOWERS said...

Que estilo tan impresionante!
Gran talento!!!

marybelm said...

Omg! Adrian! You are a true genius! I love your illustrations, I especially love the beautiful Lady Gaga ones. Keep on creating you are a gift to society!

Anne Mette said...

Oh my god, this is awesome! I just love Lady Gaga and I think your style just captures her look in a perfect way. Love it!

The PvdH Journal said...

Well, i also just found your illustrations and love them!

Fellow illustrator,

Paola

Sarah Tuttle said...

I am obsessed with your work Adrian! It's so cool, you're so talented and I enjoyed reading this post getting to know how you became who are today a little bit!